10 Brothers Who Didn’t Do Us Any Favors In 2010
From Left to Right: Ron Christie, Bishop Eddie Long, LeBron James and Michael Steele
As the year 2010 comes to an end, we decided to take a quick look backwards to see what lessons we learned from 2010. As a result, we stumbled on 10 brother who did not do the community any favors. Some of these brothers continued to portray black men in a negative fashion, while others put their foot in their mouth and made excuses for their objectionable behavior. And still there were others who simply exercised poor judgment.
All of these brothers made what many would consider to be more than a decent living last year in terms of their income. So on one hand, we’re not mad at them. On the other hand, some of these guys are making a living and perpetuating negative stereotypes of blacks men. Hey, it’s just a list. It’s our opinion.
Take a look and tell us what you think? Anyone you would add? Anyone you would remove?
- Michael Steele – Dude wants to be loved by the Republicans, who can’t stand him. He consistently puts his foot in his mouth.
- Jesse Jackson, Jr. – Dude got caught up in an inappropriate relationship with a woman who was NOT his wife. Jackson, Jr. has trouble “manning up” to the truth in this area, even after you get busted. Guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
- Flava Flav -This founding member of the legendary hip-hop group Public Enemy continues to keep negative stereotypes alive about black men. Flav is set to release his autobiography, Icon, in March 2011. In the memoir Flav will reflect on his rap career, his struggle with drug abuse, and his reality TV success. (Yawn)
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Jr. – Can you say ignorant ass N#$ga? No amount of money can buy you class and manners. Mayweather is facing a felony coercion, grand larceny and robbery case stemming from a September 2010 dispute with his children and their mother at her home. Mayweather goes to trial in January 2011 and could face up to 34 years in prison if convicted. On top of all that he refuses to fight Manny Pacquio. He says he’s not scared, but we think otherwise.
- Bishop Eddie Long – Preacher man was accused by several young men in his church of coercing them into sex. Did you get a look at the Bishop with his Spandex pants posing in the bathroom mirror? That not only gets you on our list, you get to merge into the “fast lane” to Hell.
- Alvin Greene – Alvin Greene’s candidacy in the South Carolina Senate race was an embarrassment and a disgrace. Yes it was his right to run, however, he was not prepared and often appeared to be out of touch on the main issues and incoherent.
- Antoine Dodson – The YouTube sensation let his 15 minutes of fame go to his head. Mr. Dodson needs to go away somewhere. Just go away.
- LeBron James – For his ESPN televised special “The Decision.” We don’t fault him for leaving Cleveland, but how he left Cleveland.
- Jermaine Jackson – In September 2010, Jackson filed child support papers in L.A. County Superior Court claiming he cannot afford $3,000 a month payments for sons Jermajesty and Jaafar. Jackson claims he is broke and is asking the judge to reduce his monthly child support payments to $215 a month. The kids were living with his mother while Jackson and his wife lived in a rented mansion that is about to go into foreclosure. Jackson recently filed a police report claiming that over $150,000 in clothing and jewelry was stolen from his home. Jackson probably spends more than $215 a month on hair grease, spray and gel. Men must make an effective effort to take care of their children and spend time quality with them.
- Ron Christie – We’re all for diverse opinions, but this dude is off the rails like a runaway train. This political commentator is constantly on national television often defending and supporting Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Michael Steele, Dick Cheney, the Tea Party Movement and more. Dude will say just about anything to defend the GOP even if it goes against the “community.” Christie is smart, smug, arrogant, petty and a whiner. We give the brother credit. He’s probably the most consistent of this bunch.
Honorable Mention – Tavis Smiley (for being Tavis), Cornel West (for being out there), Tom Joyner and J. Anthony Brown (for “clowning” on syndicated radio when discussing serious topics) and Jesse Jackson, Sr., who despite his good deeds has enough baggage to make this list.
If you’ve never heard of or seen Antione Dodson, you can watch the video that made him an Internet personality.